by Dawn Phillips
Hey Kids! Are you tired of the same old May Day traditions of leaving a basketful of small gifts on the doorstep of a family member or friend hoping to not get caught?
Why not create a "New Tradition" for celebrating May Day 2008?
Share this idea with your Parents and Friends.
Gather the following material:
Various Photo's of Yourself
Pastel Colored Construction Paper
Assortment of Markers
Bag of Potting Soil
Your Favorite Flower Seeds
Instructions to follow:
- Cut a flower shape using your construction paper.
- Select a photo of yourself, paste it into the center of the flower shape and write your name on the flower.
- Glue the finished flower shape to a Popsicle stick and set aside.
- Get a Styrofoam cup and decorate it using the colored markers. Be sure to include a personalized message for that special family member or friend.
- Make sure the Styrofoam cup is dry before you fill it with potting soil.
- Stick half of your index finger into the soil creating a small dip. Place one flower seed into the dip and cover with soil. Add a tsp of water to the soil.
- Get the flower you created earlier. Position it in the soil along the inside edge of the cup.
- Grab a friend or family member to help you deliver your May Day Flowers.
This makes a great activity for teachers, girl scouts or boy scouts, and a group of friends.