TIPS OF THE WEEK FOR ILLUSTRATORS:
When you read through a manuscript:
1. Look for personality traits
2. A specific description of the character(s)
3. Age range for the character(s)
4. Determine whether to approach the story with realistic or whimsical illustrations.
It's beneficial to develop the sketches of the character(s) in the story prior to drawing the story-board. Approval of the character's sketches improves your time management skills and minimizes story-board revisions.
TIPS OF THE WEEK FOR WRITERS:
Development of a Storyline:
1. Develop a character prior to writing a story is beneficial. Interview your character and jot down his or hers responses.
2. Create a list of important facts about the character.
3. Be sure to include strengths and weaknesses of the character.
4. It's important to allow room for the illustrators own interpretation of the character(s).
I hope you found these tips as a writer and illustrator beneficial. Please be sure to return next week for more tips.