Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Gift of THE HONEST SCRAP AWARD



HONEST SCRAP AWARD 2008



Children's Writer, Carma Dutra, has awarded me with the Honest Scrap Award. I've been challenged to reveal ten honest to goodness deep dark secrets about myself. I'm afraid this maybe too much information for one to reveal! If you promise NOT to use this AGAINST ME at a later date, LOL.
Here are the Rules:

List 10 honest things about yourself (make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep!)
Pass this award on to 7 bloggers.

1- One day there was a News Reporter at the Lake who took pictures of my family fishing in the cold. But, instead of their photo being on the front page, I was, eating the head off the minnow, at age 2 or 3 caged in by a gate.

2- I competed in Roller Skating, in Elementary and Jr High, and even had the Dorothy Hamill hair style, Yuck.

3- In high school I jumped off the high dive at a busy pool. I'm sure you can guess the outcome! I lost my bakennie top and treded water until I was given a towel. It was weeks before I went back to the pool.

4- I struggle with weight loss after my two children, it's like a roller coaster 75 lbs off and then 75 lbs on and then some.

5- I was a 4.0 in College on the Dean's List earning my Bachelors Degree, and in High School I barely reached 3.0. I was too busy socializing, what can I say.

6- Most of my dreams are colorful. Even vision characters/ backgrounds to illustrate.

7- Yes, I was the little girl on the dance stage who wasn't shy about picking up the dancer next to her and placing her in the correct spot. Also, insisted on being the last one off the stage.
8- I have an Atlas Map of all the states. There's a pink highlighted mark on every place I've visited. I have this obsession to travel.

9- Sometimes, Characters and backgrounds I illustrate develops the stories I write.

10- I don't like to admit when I'm lost. I've drove around for hours before locating my destination or asking for help.

Okay, you've learned all about me, and hope you got a good laugh.

Now, it's your turn to confess.








No comments:

Subscribe on JacketFlap

Add This Blog to the JacketFlap Blog Reader